Purposes of the corporation
- To advance research, conceptualization, and institutional support for the academic field of world history.
- To nurture worldwide ties among individual scholars, disciplines, universities, and other institutions that desire to participate in world-historical research.
- To affiliate with relevant organizations of historians and other scholarly institutions in order to advance the study of world history.
- To support curriculum development, teaching, and communication among teachers in the field of world history.
- Maintain and Develop the World History Network website
- Provide institutional support for research and curriculum development
- Host the WHN Research Agenda Forum
- Research Agenda Conference, Boston, March 2006
- Collaborate with H-WORLD